It has been a dream for about eight years to spend time travelling Latin America and this morning I woke up and realised that many of my big dreams are coming to fruition this year.
So that I keep asking “What’s Next?” I sat down this morning and created a bucket list, here are the things I would like to do before I kick the bucket…
The Bucket List
1. Learn to sail, sail the world - need to eliminate sea sickness!
2. Learn guitar and get good! – on hold, no space for a guitar in my gear
3. Visit 100 community projects around the world and get a taste for their work
4. Visit Machu Picchu
5. Swim with a whale shark – still trying! No joy as yet
6. Dive the Blue Hole (Belize) – DONE! October 2012
7. Explore underwater cities – heard about a cool Mayan one in a lake in Guatemala
8. Write 3 best-selling books – one down!
9. Create a school for young social entrepreneurs
10. Travel through Africa
11. Travel through South East Asia
12. Learn to cook Vietnamese food like a native
13. Have or adopt kids!
14. Spend a year travelling in Latin America – underway
15. Spend time in space
16. Meet Nelson Mandela
17. Be a trapeze artist
18. Live in a small friendly coastal community in a Spanish speaking country, in a wooden house complete with hammocks and a writing room with a view – looking for the perfect spot as we go
19. Get fit enough to enter some sort of endurance event and finish!
20. Learn kite surfing
21. Fly in a hot air balloon
22. Land a back flip into the water
23. Grow a lush vegetable garden
24. Do a degree in something fascinating
25. Produce electronic music
26. Master photography
27. Inspire people to get off their bums and do something that matters – Five Point Five is now launched!
28. Be an awesome public speaker
29. Learn how to make cheese
30. Live with an indigenous tribe in the Amazon
31. Spend time in Cuba – DONE! Oct/Nov 2012
32. Learn how to use Photoshop – properly!
33. Become fluent in Spanish
34. Live somewhere with a massive trampoline
35. Do Burning Man festival
36. See the Northern Lights
37. Buy an island
38. Dive more Cenotes in Mexico
39. Go to film school
40. Learn how to knit
41. Go snowboarding in Vancouver
42. Do a Vipassana Meditation Retreat
Well that is it for now, adding to it all the time – if you have a bucket list, please leave your link below so I can check it out (and maybe borrow your ideas!!).